Friday 10 February 2012

Post Production: Draft One

To create the poster I used the graphic editing software Adobe Photoshop CS3. As the CS3 version isn't the newest product Adobe had made, it was easier to get different tutorials because of how long it has been in use. Also I found it easier to work with because I work with Adobe Photoshop CS3 in other subjects.
Firstly I emphasised the influence of black within the photo,creating an ominous presence. I achieved this by 'masking' the areas behind the character John Walters, then filling the area I had selected with black. I also added the title of the film, placing it on the black in a white font so it stood out. I carried on using the same font, used throughout the film. Once I had added the title, I placed the logo that represents our production team and then other logos that existed within our film.

To make the logos appear more effective I had to erase all the white areas around the image. Furthermore I decided to retouch all the rigid areas around the 'Four Horsemen' logo, by zooming in on the photo showing all the uneven pixelated areas. I simply erased the uneven edges, using the 'eraser tool'. It was vital I organised my work accordingly, placing different steps into 'layers'. Layers are in Adobe Photoshop to hold part of an image or a whole image, create exacting adjustments to our images, combine multiple images, or create new images. They are effects or images that have been placed into the programme by the editor, which then can be organised into groups or named.


 After I had completed these steps I looked through the images we had taken for the poster, and decided to start a new draft on an image that looked effective. I saved this draft and began editing a new image immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment